Last Fall, several members of the B/SPOKE team had the good fortune to catch keynote speaker Scott Harrison (Founder of charity: water) at Boston’s INBOUND conference, as well as WellSummit in Brooklyn. Scott’s story is inspiring, full of passion, and left us in awe of his organization’s unparalleled commitment to bringing clean water to EVERYONE. His organization does not require technological ingenuity to accomplish its goal. With full transparency and 100% of donations going to help the problem, it simply requires a willingness on behalf of those in a position to help. We quickly began collaborating on different ways we could motivate our community and leverage our own platform to help support their mission. Thus, Cycle For Water was born.
Many of us have no idea what it’s like to question the safety of our drinking water; a necessity for life. We have plenty of water to drink – even the water in our toilets is clean!
But many people around the world don’t have that luxury. Every day, about 1,400 children die from diseases caused by unsafe water and poor sanitation. But it doesn’t have to be that way. There are simple solutions like drilled wells, spring protections and BioSand filters that help provide clean water to communities around the world.
In 2019, we’ve committed our fundraising efforts to help charity: water build these projects in communities around the globe. Our community will work to fund FOUR wells ~ $47,250 investment. 100% of money raised will be used to build these wells. Every. Last. Penny. In order to bring visibility to the development of these wells, charity: water will send us photos and GPS coordinates of exactly where they are built, enabling us to see the EXACT communities we’ve impacted.
We are looking towards our amazing community for support, and know that if we want to go far, we must GO TOGETHER.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED IN THE B/SPOKE CYCLE FOR WATER EVENT ON SATURDAY, MARCH 23 (12-3PM):
1. Create a team of 2-4 people
2. Pay $350 non-refundable deposit to secure your team’s bike at the B/SPOKE CYCLE FOR WATER event. 100% of every deposit will go towards funding 1 of 4 wells!
3. Create team’s fundraising page with support of B/SPOKE
4. Commit to fundraising at least $1,000 as a team by enlisting the support of your friends, family & network. 100% of every donation will go towards funding the 2nd, 3rd & 4th well!
5. Commit to R/DING for 3 consecutive hours as a team at the B/SPOKE CYCLE FOR WATER event on March 23. Team can split the time however they’d like!
5. Attend CYCLE FOR WATER event & after-party!
How we will fund FOUR wells, and reach our fundraising goal of $47,250:
-35 teams x $350 deposit = $12,250
-35 teams x $1,000 fundraising = $35,000
-Total amount fundraised = $47,250 = FOUR wells!
**100% of deposit dollars will go towards final donation.